I’ve never been a massive smoothie person. Not that I didn’t like them, I just was too lazy to whip out the blender in the morning. A good friend of mine drinks a green smoothie every morning and she raves about how energized she feels. She made it for me one morning and I’ve been hooked!
This recipe is similar to what she has in the morning and it’s a treat! The green apple makes it sour and fresh. The banana sweetens it. And the almond milk and yogurt adds a lovely creaminess. This smoothie is amazing to drink first thing in the morning. It keeps me full until my morning snack and it yields an extra portion that I can put in the fridge for a snack later on. Try it out!
- 1 Green Apple
- 1 Medium-Sized Banana
- 1 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1 cup Kale
- 1/2 cup Non Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 5-7 Ice Cubes
- Chia Seeds (optional)
- Add ice, almond milk, greek yogurt, spinach, and kale to blender
- Cut up green apple and banana into bite sized pieces and add to blender
- Start blending at medium speed for a minute, then move up to high
- Blend for 2-3 minutes (or until completely smooth)
- Pour into glass and garnish with chia seeds (optional)
- Leave out yogurt if you’re dairy free.